Why is my first bill higher than the charge for one month of service?
Our Customer Service Consultants do an excellent job of explaining how the first bill will be determined when new members are applying for service, but there is usually a great deal of information to take in at that time, and sometimes there can be a bit of time that passes between the service installation and when a member receives their first bill. The following information will help clarify how the first bill works with the Cooperative.
All LTC Connect monthly billing cycles run from the 8th of one month to the 7th of the following month. Customer’s bills are due by the 18th of the month. This means that your current bill is paying for the service you are using from the 8th of the current month until the 7th of the following month.
Your first bill will also include amounts for time you had service before your first bill was produced.
The member’s second and all following bills should include the normal charges for only one month of service.
Here’s an example of a first bill:
- Member signs up for Fibernet 200 at $69.95 per month on September 30.
- Member’s service is installed on October 5.
- Member will not receive a bill in October as the bills were already produced on the last day of September.
- On the November bill, the member receives charges for October 5-7, October 8 – November 7, and November 8 – December 7. This bill would include two full months plus 3 days ($69.95 + $69.95 + $7.00 for a total of $146.90) on the first bill.
- Bills in December and the following months would be $69.95 per month.
- Customer only received a bill like this in November due to the timing of installation and is paying for just over 2 months of service on the first bill.
- Member signs up for Phone + Fibernet 50 Basic Connect Bundle on March 15.
- The price of this bundle is $60.95 per month, but the bundle also includes a series of taxes and fees on the phone service that makes the total bill approximately $78.40 per month.
- Member’s phone and broadband is installed on March 22.
- On the April bill, the member receives charges for March 22 – April 7 and April 8 – May 7. This bill would include one full month plus 17 days ($78.40 + $42.99 = $121.39).
- Bills in May and the following months would be for just one month of service at approximately $78.40 per month.
- Customer only received first bill like this in April due to the timing of the installation and is paying for just over 1.5 months on the first bill.
In Summary – Your first bill will include payment for the current month plus any service you received before your first bill. Due to LTC Connect’s billing cycle, there may be up to two months and seven days of service on your first bill to get you caught up. Bills in the future will only include a single month of service for the current month.
If you have additional questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 270-542-6697 or 270-934-4697.